Open Records FAQ
What will my records cost?
- Printed copies of files will be $0.25 per page.
- Locating and Redacting of records - first hour free, thereafter $25 per hour.
- No charge for electronic copy unless it takes IT longer than one hour to produce, thereafter actual cost of IT resources.
- Actual cost for postage, maps, color photos.
- State Crash Reports $7
Do I have to fill out the form to request a record?
No. You can still request records via phone, email, fax, or in person.
Open Records Information from the State
Followed the link, but can't access your files?
If you have not previously created a password for this website, make sure to create a log in to gain access to your files.
Looking for a list of calls for service?
Follow this link: https://www.minotnd.org/645/Calls-for-Service
Looking for a State Crash Report?
Starting January 1, 2022 the Minot Police Department will no longer release ND State Crash Reports directly to the public.
- The official Crash Reports can be obtained through the ND DOT dot.nd.gov/crashreport
- These reports may not be available directly following the crash – agencies are allowed up to 10 days to submit the reports to the state.
The Minot Police Department will still provide Incident Reports pertaining to crashes.
Looking for City Council Agenda/Meeting Information?
Follow this link: https://www.minotnd.org/calendar.aspx?CID=14 to the calendar.
Click on More Details to access agenda